The Easter Story

   I grabbed my scarf and walked out the opening of our tent, I was going to work. On my way I saw a large group of soldiers and a man who was arrested. I wonder what he did? I thought as I went on my way. I had begin to clean my masters house like I do every night, I thought about the man I had seen, he looked so different, even though he was arrested, his face looked different then others I had seen. I looked out to courtyard as I normally do every evening to see a familiar face. I saw someone who was with the man who was taken by the soldiers, I asked the other servant girl if she knew who that man was that was arrested and where he was from. She told me that the mans name was Jesus and that he was from Galilee. The other man I had seen was one of his disciples. I quickly hurried out to the courtyard to the mans place and said to him,
   "You also were with Jesus of Galilee," But he denied being with Jesus to all the people around and said,
   "I don't know what you're talking about," I knew I had seen him with Jesus, but maybe I was wrong. I went back to my work, I didn't think I would see anymore of Jesus or His disciples, but I was wrong. Sometime later, I had been walking through town and saw a large crowd of people listening to Pilate. I stopped to hear these words,
   "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?"
   "Barabbas," they answered,
   "And what shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?" Pilate asked. They all answered with,
   "Crucify him!" Chills ran down my spine as I wondered what crime he had done that was so bad to get himself crucified. Pilate asked them,
   "Why? What crime has he committed?" But the people just kept yelling,
   "Crucify him!" That sound of people yelling wouldn't leave my mind, it just kept playing over and over. I couldn't stay and listen to Pilate finish talking anymore, I ran back to my tent and cried, I heard some people walk by and they were talking about what the soldiers were going to do to Jesus and how He is the Lord of all. I wanted to talk to Jesus, I wanted to see Him again. But by the time I could leave again, they were putting Jesus with two criminals on the three crosses. My tears were uncontrollable, I just watched, Jesus didn't fight them, He knew what He had to do. I heard Jesus say,
   "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" I realized He had said "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" One of the men went and quickly got a sponge. He filled it with with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said,
   "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to save him." And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.


Recently I have heard of some stories based on a people in the bible who had seen Jesus. It had helped me put it more into context of how people lived. I decided to write this story based on the servant girl mentioned in Matthew 26:69. You can go and read Matthew 26-27 to read the biblical story.









Comments

Popular Posts