Change of season

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things..." -Sound Of Music

    As I sit here, in front of my toasty wood stove, I watch out the window. Snow is in the forecast and I am very eager for its arrival. I was reminded of my favorite movie as I stoked the fire. Sound of Music, that is. There is a part in one of the songs where it says, "Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes..." It reminded me of winter. Here are a few of "my favorite things" in this new season: 
-Snow
-Being reunited with family
-Christmas
-Building snowmen
-Of course, Thanksgiving:) 
-wool socks
-skiing/snowshoeing/sledding
-hot cocoa
-my warm green hat
-singing Christmas songs
I feel like my list could go on and on, but for now, these are my favorite things.
        What are some of your favorite things? 

Comments

Popular Posts