Bella's adventure #9

  "I won't hire you as a baker. End of story." Oliver walked away from the table I was sitting at. 
  "Come on Oliver! I need this job!" I cried.
  "Sorry, my answer is no! Stop talking about it!" He snipped back at me. 
   Okay, that was a little harsh... I maybe over stepped there.
  "Okay, I won't mention it again." I stood up and walked away from the table. Why does this keep happening? What am I supposed to do?
  Later that day, I was finishing up at sweeping the floor when Oliver called me in his office.
  "Yes?" I asked.
  "You are fired. Good-bye." He stood up from his chair and walked out the door as I stood there in shock.
  "Why did you just fire me? What did I do wrong?" I cried. 
"I don't like you working here, and you stole my money last night, the money in the cash register."
  "I did no such thing and I wouldn't do that!" 
  "Well, last night after you locked up I came in later and the door was unlocked and the money was gone. So it had to be you..." He angrily huffed.
  "Let's look at the video cameras, because I know I locked that door and didn't touch the money." Before he could reply I ran up the stairs to my childhood house. I gasped when I got to the top of the stairs to see a lady sitting on the couch. Who is this lady and why is she counting money?

Comments

Popular Posts