Bella's adventure #7

  "I'm ready to work." I stood at the front desk facing my brother.
  "Perfect, you can sweep and wash the floor." He firmly said.
  Seriously? That was my job as a kid! 
  "Okay, sure." I diligently did my job and didn't say anything or complained. Maybe he will let me back in the kitchen soon if I keep working hard... 
  "You missed a spot." Oliver rolled his eyes as he dumped flour on the floor. 
  I took a deep breath and swept it up, how can I work like this? I thought as I put the broom away for the day. 
  "Aunt Sophie, Oliver is impossible to work with! He is making me do all the cleaning and he has not even let me touch the Kitchen Aid! I thought i'd never see the day that I miss New York..." I flopped down on the couch. 
  "I'm sorry about this all, Bella. I should not have said anything about him being your brother, I should have let you father tell you when he was ready but I thought you'd be upset if  you found out on your own. Have you talked to your Papa about this at all?" Aunt Sophie asked. 
  "No, don't be sorry, I am glad you told me. I did a little, Papa just said he was going to tell me. I feel like God wants me to be here, so I am staying." I couldn't believe what I was saying, sweeping Papa's old bakery was not what I came here for. I guess I am here for a different reason. God's reason. 

Comments

Popular Posts