Bella's adventure #4

  Looking out the plane window, I see the beautiful Paris lights that I dearly love. I'm home. 
  A rush of excitement filled me as I stepped back on to my home grounds. The place I grew up, the place I learned to bake, and the place I missed. 
  I walk the streets that I used to walk when I was a little girl. I turned a corner to meet one of my friends from grade school. 
  "Bella? What are you doing here?!" Emma tightly embraced me.
  "Emma! I am back to get my fathers bakery back. Did you know he sold it?" I asked her. 
  "Yes, I did know that. He sold it to a man by the name of Oliver, he is now running his own bakery there." She faked a smile.
  "This is going to be more difficult then I thought..." I lifted my fists to my hips.
  "How was New York? I have not seen you since you left four years ago!" Emma quickly changed our conversation. 
  "It was... New York. I like it much better here, and I am so glad to be back." 
  "Emma!" A voice came from down the street. 
  "I am right here!" she turned back to me. "Do you remember Paul, from school?" 
  "Um, yeah...?" I searched my thoughts for 'Paul from school' and quickly remembered him. 
  "There you are, love." He grabbed Emma's hand. 
  "Paul, do you remember Bella, from school?" Emma questioned her husband. 
  "Hm, what does she look like?" He rubbed his beard. 
  Well, if this is not awkward, he doesn't remember me! I thought. 
  "She is standing right in front of you, Paul! Bella, Paul and I got married last year." Emma kindly smiled.
  "No way! I didn't know that! Congrats!" I was shocked to know! 
  "It has been a really long time since I've seen you! I am guessing your father told you about your brother, Oliver, and you wanted to come help him?" Paul asked.
  "I don't have a brother..." 
  "Paul, no, just never mind. We have to go now. See you soon!" Emma nervously said. 
  What is that supposed to mean? My brother?

Comments

Popular Posts