Bella's adventure #2

13 years later... 
  Horns honked in the distance as I quickly ran down the street. I hate this place... I thought. 
  "Yo! You's new to NYC?" A stranger asked me.
  "No!" I ran right past him and he yelled back,
  "I wasn't talking to you, lady!" His New York accent bothered me a little too much. I wish Papa didn't insist on me leaving for college in New York! 
  Minutes later I walked down the aisle on to the stage, I can't believe I am finally graduating college! All I have to do is say this speech and I can get outta here! "Fellow students, I have enjoyed getting to know you and bake with you all. I hope each of you use your talents and pursue your baking dreams. Thank you!" I hurried off the stage and back in my seat. I can't wait to call Papa and tell him I am done and coming home! 
  I flop down on my soft apartment bed and I quickly type Papa's number in. 
  "Papa! I finished!" I said over the phone.
  "Bella? Bella! You finished already! I am so excited for you." Papa spoke in french.
  "How are you? I've missed you!" I joyfully asked.
  "I'm good, now that I get to see you! I missed you so much and I just had to come to see you."
  "What?" I jumped off my bed. "Where are you?" 
  "I was at your graduation and now I am outside your door." I ran to the door and Papa stood there, he had gained weight and looked older. I jumped into his big, warm, arms. 
  "Papa!" I cried. "You are here! How are you? How is the bakery? How is Paris?" I maybe overwhelmed my Papa. 
  "I would not miss your graduation! I am fine, Paris is good!" 
  "What about the bakery?" I could tell he was not answering me on purpose. 
  "You have a very nice apartment! I have never been in New York before!" 
  "Papa, why won't you answer my question, about the bakery." I looked him right in the eyes. 
  "It is a long story..."

Comments

Popular Posts