Bella's Adventure #14

  "Should I stay the week, Papa?" I asked.
  "If you want to work there I think it would be best if you stayed and worked hard." Papa gave his loving advise to his helpless daughter. 
  "And what if Barb makes Oliver think I did everything wrong? I think I should just come back to you..." 
  "Bella, you can't give up because you'll never succeed in anything. I heard that from a good friend of mine, that helped me to push through until I no longer could with the bakery." Papa kindly told me. In the back ground I could here someone yell for papa, Who is that? I thought. "Bell, I gotta go... I'll talk to you later." Papa quickly hung up the phone and I returned to work. 
  Lord, please help me to have patience with Barb... I prayed.
  "Bella! Where were you? I have been doing everything by myself while you were off!" Barb snapped at me.
  "Remember? My lunch break..." I slowly mentioned. 
  "Well, next time don't take so long! I am going to take a lunch break now and you can handle everyone now." Barb stormed out of the kitchen and out the main door. I worked hard while she was gone, I just had to make it a couple more days... 
  "Bonjour! I'd like a box of macaroons." A familiar deep voice yelled into the kitchen. I walked out the door to see my cousin, Danny, Aunt Sophie's son. 
  "Danny!" I squealed in excitement as I hugged my closest cousin tightly. 
  "Bella! I heard you were back and just had to come see you! I can't believe you work here... last time I was in here some guy was working in here and he was so rude. I think it was the owner, maybe?" Danny's kind eyes smiled.
  "You mean Oliver, it is a lonnnngggg story!"
  "It is Oliver, isn't it?" Danny asked.
  "How do you know about Oliver?"
  "My mom, she kinda told me everything..." He faked a smile.

Comments

Popular Posts