Bella's Adventure #12

   "I will be back in a week, don't mess this up." Oliver 'kindly' told me. 
  "We will do just fine, don't worry!" Barb laughed. 
  She is already getting on my nerves, this is going to be an interesting week. I thought. 
  I walked into the kitchen with a different point of view today, I am the baker, not the cleaner. I slipped my old apron on and tightly tied the strings in the back. I pulled my Papa's old hat out of a small box. He gave it to me when I left for New York and I haven't taken it out of the box since. I ran my hand across the counter, I wish Papa was here to see this... I sadly thought. My thoughts were interrupted by Barb,
  "I am ready to bake!" She stood at the door way. "What do you want me to do?"
  "Um, I bake and you can work the front desk, okay?" I told her. 
  "Okay, just remember that I am telling Oliver how you did this week..." Barb's attitude quickly declined. 
  Was that a threat? Is she trying to scare me? Why would you even say something like that? I thought. "Um, yeah. I know. I just, just," Come on...What can I say to make it sound pleasing??? "I just think you would be better talking with people, you know? It has been a long time since I've been in Paris and by now you probably know more people then me!" I sometime surprise myself in what I say... 
  "Sure, makes sense..." Barb walked out. 
  Back to baking I go! I thought. 

Comments

Popular Posts