Bella's adventure #11

  "Nice to meet you!" I tried to be cheerful, but I failed miserably. 
  "We have met before, don't be silly," Barb laughed. "Oh! Oliver, thanks for the key you gave me. I came and took the money from the cash register to bring it to the bank last night." She handed him a full envelope.
  "I think you owe me an apology, Oliver..." I told him as we walked down the stairs back to the bakery. "I still want you fired." He turned to me, "and I want to hire you as my new baker. Under one condition." He looked at me, his overly excited sister. 
  "Really? Oh, thank you! Okay, what is it?" I asked. 
  "You need to take over the bakery with mama for a week while I go take care of some business in America. It is pretty simple..." My brother smiled. I don't think I have ever seen him smile... I thought. "Wait, I have to work with Barb? And for the whole week?" I asked, I should have known there was a catch... 
  "Yep, that is the deal, if you can handle next week with mama then I'll give you the job." Oliver looked at me with doubt. 
  "Okay, I'll do it." It feels like he just wants to make my life harder, I just need to have patience... 
  

Comments

Popular Posts