The Lake

The Lake:
The sky is a beautiful blue, the lake is clear and calm, the duck floats by me, the water bugs jump on top of the water, and the small, red boat skips across the lake.
I sit snuggled in my favorite black and orange sweatshirt, the hood covers my head and ears from the pesky mosquitoes. The little yellow lily pads float in the distance, almost ready to bloom.
I look across the lake to see the beautiful Minnesota woods, almost every tree seems to a different shade of green.
My mother, sister, and brother head out for a walk around the campground as my father pulls up a chair next to me to enjoy the beauty in front of us. Just before they head out, my mother comes and admires the clouds; the clouds reflection on the lake is something only the eye can catch, a camera would do no justice.
I reach my hand down to touch the two doggies that surround me, keeping a watch for the ducks to return. One of the dogs catch a glimpse of a bird above, they intently watch it until no longer in sight.
Looking to the right, I see the beautiful green summer woods and what I believe to be a small, purple, wild rose.
I moved to the fire ring, the mosquitoes were getting too thick by the lake. What a beautiful night...

Comments

Popular Posts